Did you know that you can save 10 cents per gallon just by keeping your tires properly maintained? Keeping your tires inflated to the correct pressure and having the alignment checked regularly will save wear, tear and cash. That’s why it’s important to check the tread depth on the inside, middle and outer grooves of your tires. If your tires have low tread, you’ll enjoy several advantages by purchasing some new tires.
• Your car has to work harder when the tread is uneven or if your wheels are out of balance. It’s critical to have them mounted, balanced and aligned by a pro to ensure that your tires wear evenly, last longer and give you the best possible gas mileage.
• Snow tires are great when the roads are wet or muddy. In the summer, however, those meaty, soft tires will reduce your traction and can lessen your gas mileage. If you live in an area that has four widely varying seasons, you should have two sets of tires so that you get optimum performance in any conditions. Hot, rainy locales require a softer tread that will channel the water away from your tires. Ask a pro from Carl Black Chevrolet of Nashville if you need some advice.
• New tires increase the safety of your vehicle for the next 65,000 to 100,000 miles. They also enhance your vehicle’s ability to turn, stop and accelerate. For a minimal cost every seven years, you can keep new tires on your vehicle. That’s a low price for the safety that new tires offer.
• How your car handles in a turn and how long it takes for it to come to a stop depends on the quality of your tires. How much power you can deliver to the tires determines how hard you can brake. Tires are designed for special performance standards, so make sure you choose a tire that is meant for the kind of driving you intend to do.
• New tires also make you feel more confident when you drive. For long road trips, you need deep tread for a smoother ride. New tires are also less noisy than worn tires. The noise and rough ride of worn-out tires can make a daily commute or vacation very unpleasant.
Your tires determine the quality of your ride. Don’t let out-of-balance, improperly mounted or overly worn tires decrease your safety. Get the best mileage you can by purchasing new tires regularly. Count on our team of tire specialists to help you select the right tires for the kind of vehicle you drive and the way you drive it. We’ll take the climate, the terrain, your expectations and your vehicle’s needs into consideration when we make our recommendation.
Carl Black Nashville is having a special to help you make sure that your tires stay in top condition. Everybody who buys four new tires gets free alignments for the life of the tires. Take advantage of our special, and keep your car safe while you save money on gas. New tires are a win-win proposition with our free lifetime alignment special.