Chevy Still Holds an Edge On Ford in Their Famous Pickup Truck Rivalry in 2018!
Within the competitive world of rugged and refined pickup trucks, there are indeed two names in particular that always take up the top two spots in the race for the best model. Any genuine truck enthusiast will tell you that both Chevrolet and Ford dominate the marketplace when it comes to class-leading pickups that offer power, technology and appealing creature comforts.
Well, it is evident that this longstanding truck rivalry is certainly continuing into 2018, as both manufacturers continue to dramatically improve their vehicles year after year! Upon close examination however, it also becomes evident that Chevy is still ahead of Ford in this race.
Check out the list below to get just a basic understanding of how the popular 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 remains superior to its 2018 F-150 counterpart from Ford!
- Stronger, lighter and less susceptible to punctures, the roll-formed steel pickup box of the 2018 Silverado 1500 is the better choice when compared to the traditional stamped steel bed that the F-150 and other mainstream truck models utilize.
- Speaking to durability, the Chevy Silverado lineup are officially the most dependable, longest lasting full-size pickups on the road today in 2018. Ford wishes that they could say this is true for their lineup of trucks.
- The V8 engine of the 2018 Silverado 1500 has a towing capacity of a remarkable 12,500 pounds. On the other hand, Ford’s V8 engine of the 2018 F-150 maxes out at a far lesser 11,300 pounds.
- Speaking to convenience, a clever CornerStep Rear Bumper allows for easy loading and unloading in the truck bed of the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Things aren’t quite as easy with the Ford F-150, as this desirable feature is nowhere to be found.
- And tons more to discover here at Carl Black Chevrolet of Nashville, so stop by for a test drive soon!